Advancing Your Mission With a Successful Campaign
Are you looking for a quick infusion of cash? It can be tempting to see a capital campaign as the answer—but when it comes to campaigns, only fools rush in. Running a successful capital campaign takes the right project, the right donor base, the right pitch, and the right people. Done well, a capital campaign can energize your donors and deepen relationships. Done poorly, it can undermine your annual fundraising efforts, exhaust your staff and volunteers, and inflict permanent damage on your organization.
In this master class, you will learn the basics of capital campaigns and how to determine whether a campaign is right for you. More importantly, you’ll learn how to sidestep a campaign’s sizeable risk, and reap its bountiful rewards. You’ll also snag a one-on-one advising session with a course instructor after the class.
This master class will cover:
- What a capital campaign is and how it differs from your annual fundraising
- The financial and secondary benefits of a campaign to your organization
- What kinds of projects and programs a campaign can cover
- How to determine the right financial goal
- How to map out a realistic campaign schedule
- The importance of not moving too fast . . . or too slow
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!