Integrating Direct Mail and Digital Outreach
Direct mail is the single most powerful and cost-effective technique a fundraiser has to reach and attract new donors. But in our increasingly digital world, your outreach can stretch beyond your donors’ mailboxes. By adding digital outreach to your fundraising quiver, you’ll forge deeper connections with a wider array of donors than ever before.
In this master class, you’ll learn how and why implementing both digital and traditional fundraising techniques can boost your development program, how to craft an integrated fundraising plan that builds cohesion across channels, how to prioritize your mail and digital efforts to build donor relationships and balance costs, and much more.
This master class will cover:
- Why direct mail still makes sense in an increasingly digital age
- How digital techniques can complement and elevate traditional fundraising
- How to prioritize and integrate mail and digital efforts in a comprehensive messaging plan
- How to determine the cost of acquiring a donor through multiple channels and when it pays off
- What to consider when choosing vendors, implementing multichannel fundraising, and more
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!