Need big bucks for your mission fast? It can be tempting to see a capital campaign as the answer—but a campaign is not something to be taken lightly. Running a successful capital campaign takes the right project, the right donor base, the right pitch, and the right people. Done well, a capital campaign can energize your donors and deepen relationships. Done poorly, it can undermine your annual fundraising efforts and exhaust your staff and volunteers. In this master class, you will learn the basics of capital campaigns and how to determine whether a campaign is right for you. You’ll also have the opportunity for a one-on-one advising session with a course instructor after the class.
This master class will cover:
- What a capital campaign is and how it differs from your annual fundraising
- The benefits of a campaign to your organization, beyond the money
- What kinds of projects and programs can be included in a campaign
- How to determine the right monetary target and messaging
- How to think realistically about what you can raise and the time it will take
- The importance of not moving too fast…or too slow
- Thursday, April 28, 2022: 1:00-4:00PM ET
- Thursday, September 29, 2022: 1:00-4:00PM ET
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- a copy of The Forgotten Foundations of Fundraising by Jeremy Beer and Jeffrey Cain,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!