Who We Are
AmPhil is a leading consulting and professional services firm with a mission to strengthen civil society by helping mission-driven enterprises flourish. Since 2009, AmPhil has served over 650 nonprofits, philanthropists, charitable foundations, and other missional initiatives, helping them succeed and grow through practical guidance, strategic analysis, and a full suite of professional services.
As a firm, we value true partnership with our clients and our colleagues; encourage large-heartedness and conviviality; honor the virtues and traditions that have made American society prosperous and free; and employ practical wisdom and deep thinking. Learn more about AmPhil and our philosophy here.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Consultant within AmPhil’s Core Consulting Division, you will be responsible for serving as an engagement lead or project manager on multiple client engagements, leading strategy and execution for a wide variety of fundraising-related projects. Primary activities and responsibilities include:
- Serving as engagement lead on select client accounts, meeting regularly with clients and building strong relationships while advising on a wide range of fundraising, communications, operations, and management questions and projects;
- Serving as project manager on complex engagements led by senior leaders, monitoring schedules and coordinating and following up with internal and external parties to complete deliverables in a timely and thorough manner;
- Driving the execution of high-quality research, analysis, and client deliverables such as progress reports, proposals, prospect research, development plans, donor communications, and collateral;
- Assisting with training and mentoring support for junior group members;
- Supporting business development by cultivating current clients and leading contract renewal discussions, drafting and editing pitch decks and proposals, and attending conferences and events as requested; and
- Other duties as requested.
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced: The ideal candidate will have at least five years of professional experience, including at least two years in a development-related role. Familiarity with the nonprofit landscape and a liberal arts background are strongly preferred.
- Principled: We look for colleagues who are excited about our mission to strengthen civil society; understand and honor the Western tradition; value truth, faith, and self-governance; and understand that humans need virtue to flourish in community.
- Bright: We want to work with people who are intelligent, logical, self-directed, and curious; able to create order from ambiguity and translate theory and strategy into practical action.
- Convivial: We put a premium on humor and good cheer and seek unpretentious, genuine, generous people who are fun to be around.
- Forthright: We value clear, intelligent, engaging communicators who balance warmth and candor as they earn respect and build honest and trusting relationships.
- Diligent: We search for conscientious colleagues who possess the prudence and discipline to work hard, strive for excellence, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and go above and beyond when necessary to help our clients, partners, and firm succeed and grow.
What You’ll Love About AmPhil
Mission: Everything we do is guided by our mission to strengthen civil society and we’re passionate about building strong partnerships with clients engaged in work that supports strong families, virtuous citizens, vibrant communities, durable institutions, and a flourishing nation. Our employees have the opportunity to work in a company that’s in the trenches with its clients in the service of their incredible missions, helping them refine and grow their work and achieve more.
Culture: We genuinely respect, trust, and enjoy working with our colleagues—and it shows. On any given day, you might find us engaged in healthy debate about the principles of a healthy democracy over happy hour, swapping book recommendations, or challenging one another to a salsa-making competition. We strive to model the “art of association” through our culture of vibrant communitarianism and prioritize courtesy, clarity, warmth, and humor in our interactions and decisions. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Growth: Our employees are given a high degree of ownership over their work and have significant freedom to execute responsibilities in line with their interests and talents. They have the opportunity to learn continually, stand out quickly, do work they’re proud of, and earn the respect and appreciation of their clients and colleagues. It’s hard work and sometimes chaotic, but exciting and rewarding.
Flexibility: We are a hybrid remote/in-person company and have been from the start. Employees have the option to work out of one of our beautiful office spaces or to work remotely. Either way, there are regular opportunities for in-person interaction. We also understand our staff have lives outside of work. We work hard and expect our colleagues to do the same, but we recognize that while a strong work ethic is supremely important, so also is maintaining a healthy life that does justice to other goods, including those of family, faith, and community.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits: We will pay competitive market rates and have a generous benefits package and holiday/PTO schedule that reflect our commitment to our employees and their families. Benefits and perks include health insurance for employees and their dependents, employer contributions to health savings accounts, a 401(k) retirement program with employer matching, paid parental leave, dependent care spending accounts, a yearly stipend for books and print publications, support for employees’ volunteer board service, and more.
- Writing sample/work product from professional experience
- Three professional references
To indicate interest in this role, reach out to Veronica Kuenstle at email@example.com