MAJOR GIFTS SHOULD BE AT THE CORE OF YOUR FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
Make no bones about it: major gifts are a major deal. The importance of major gifts to a successful fundraising program simply can’t be overstated: a jaw-dropping 85% of most nonprofits’ revenue comes from major donors, including 19% from foundation grants. Your jaw may drop even farther to learn that many nonprofits ignore individual major donors and grantmaking foundations.
AmPhil will help you avoid this costly mistake. We have all the tools you need to cultivate the major gifts that will help your organization fulfill its mission on a day-to-day basis.
OUR PRINCIPAL OFFERINGS
Here’s how we’ll help you spruce up your major gifts program (and there are far more tools in our back pocket).
First, AmPhil will partner with you to:
- Strategize ways to upgrade current donors and renew lapsed major donors.
- Identify promising major donors among your current donors.
- Provide in-depth research on new major donor and foundation prospects.
Then, as the rubber hits the road, we will:
- Write grant proposals and reporting.
- Advise development officers on follow-up strategies in regular check-in calls.
- Optionally, make follow-up calls to new prospects.
Make your major donors partners in your mission.
Next, we’ll help you finesse your donor outreach as we:
- Draft materials and templates for one-pagers, meeting requests, letters of inquiry, and call scripts.
- Develop individualized solicitation strategies and an effective tracking system.
- Coach staff in preparation for donor meetings.
Learning to win over foundations will pay off.
Finally, AmPhil can lend you a part-time major gifts officer, who will be:
- Experienced in crafting an effective major gifts program.
- Mission-aligned and committed to your mission.
- Cheaper and less risky than hiring a full-time major gifts officer.