American Philanthropic’s In the Trenches
A master class series
Acquiring, Retaining, and Upgrading Your Most Valuable Donors
A strong major gifts program is the lifeblood of many nonprofits, but many struggle to build the strong relationships and bold vision necessary for truly transformational gifts. In this master class, you’ll learn how to hone your case for support to inspire and engage major donors, how to identify and build strong relationships with current and future major gift donors, how to prepare for and make an ask, and how to navigate and negotiate objections to the invitation to give. During a portion of the class, you’ll also have a chance to hear from a major donor about the best—and worst—ways to ask for contributions.
This master class will cover:
- The art and science of identifying strong major donor prospects
- How to create and perfect your pitch
- How to get and prepare for donor meetings
- How to build strong relationships with major donors
- Thursday, August 25, 2022: 1:00-4:00PM ET
What is included in my registration?
Registration starts with a seat in the master class, but doesn’t end there. In addition to attending the master class, you will receive:
- training materials on the master class topic for future reference,
- the best essays and practicalities on the master class topic from Philanthropy Daily,
- a copy of The Forgotten Foundations of Fundraising by Jeremy Beer and Jeffrey Cain,
- and a 30-minute one-on-one consultation with an American Philanthropic consultant at a time of your choosing following each master class.
How much does each session cost?
A bundle of five classes is available for $1,000. Purchased class bundles are transferable within your organization, but only one person can participate in a class per registration.
How many people will be in the class?
Each class will have no more than 20 participants. We want to keep the classes as intimate as possible to allow time for plenty of discussion and Q&A.
How will the class be conducted?
The class will be conducted over video conference. Participants will receive a private link and password to join the video conference prior to the master class.
Who is the ideal participant?
The ideal participant is a nonprofit development leader with several years of fundraising experience. While most master classes include some background introductory material on the given subject, they assume a basic level of familiarity with the subject at hand and are designed to help those seeking to further develop their skills.
Do you have a waiting list?
Yes. Each session has a waiting list. If a registrant can’t make a session, we notify the first person on the waiting list. The waiting list for each class is first-come, first-served.
Do current clients receive a discount?
Yes. If you’re a current client, please contact us for a special discount code.
Will participants receive CFRE credit for participating?
No! We would post our reasoning here, but it’s lengthy. Feel free to ask—but do so at your own risk!