Director of Development
Partner: St. Benedict’s Abbey
Location: Atchison, KS
ABOUT THE ABBEY / MISSION:
St. Benedict’s Abbey is a Catholic, Benedictine monastery located in Atchison, Kansas. Founded in 1857, the monks of St. Benedict’s Abbey live according to the Rule of St. Benedict, praying and working for the glory of God and the good of the world.
Education is the primary apostolate of the monks. They co-sponsor Benedictine College and Maur Hill-Mount Academy. The monks also serve the people of Northeast Kansas as Pastors, Chaplains, and much more.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Will lead the capital campaign ($10 million) and implement the day to day responsibilities associated with this effort
- Will meet and continue to forge strong relationships with current donors as well as identify and meet prospective donors
- Will oversee and manage 3 to 4 team members including a special events coordinator, a monk-priest from the Abbey and other staff
- Will work with an outside consulting org that is supporting the capital campaign and feasibility studies
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- 2 to 3 years in a director / leadership role overseeing fundraising for a large institution (educational strongly preferred)
- 5 years overall development work handling large fundraising campaigns
- Strong planning skills with a particular focus on details
- Practicing Catholic who is aligned with the Benedictine mission and values
- A true extrovert who is comfortable meeting donors of diverse backgrounds
- Able to travel by car locally and across the US (25 to 30%) for donor visits
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- FREE COLLEGE TUITION: college-aged children of employees are offered 100% free tuition at Benedictine College!
- For parents of grade school and high school aged children: you’ll be offered discounts for school tuition!
- Your spouse will be able to audit courses at the college!
- A Family Friendly Location: Atchison, Kansas is a family-oriented, safe town which offers a multitude of sports and cultural events to enjoy year round!
- A comprehensive benefit package including generous paid time off!
- The opportunity to serve the Church and the Order through your efforts in this exceptional role!