Ready to impact the future of the Church?
The St Teresa of Calcutta Newman Center at the University of Nebraska Kearney campus, is seeking a Director of Development who is passionate about their mission of transforming college students into missionary disciples who know and love Christ.
This role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of donors and prospects, developing and implementing strategies to engage and cultivate donors, and soliciting gifts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prioritize and manage the annual fundraising program
- Cultivate strong relationships with all donors for major gifts, recurring gifts and other solicitation through in person visits and meetings
- Will be responsible for mailings and newsletter updates and any marketing initiatives
- Oversee, manage, and report all fundraising and development activities
- Will work with business admin to handle budgeting
- Develop and implement retention, acquisition, and stewardship plans and programs
- Track, report, and research individual, corporate, and foundation giving trends
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Communications, Public Relations, Theology, Religious Studies, etc.)
- 0 to 2 yrs experience fundraising development experience (entry level is ok as long as you are passionately committed to this kind of role)
- A true extrovert with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willing to be coached and trained for this role—an amazing opportunity to serve your Catholic faith while developing skills in this rewarding field!
- Open to frequent travel locally to meet with individual donors
- Practicing Roman Catholic who resides locally
- An understanding of FOCUS and Campus Ministry programs
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- The Center will provide a highly noted fundraising expert to coach you and help develop the skills needed to succeed in this role!
- Opportunities to meet with and connect with a variety of donors— You’re the type of person who is comfortable in jeans and having a beer or wearing a suit and having a glass of wine
- The program you build will benefit and change the lives of Catholic students through the center’s services, and thus impact the Church and our nation by cultivating the faith of future professionals!
- 100% covered benefits (medical/ dental/ Rx) for you and your family!
- Work in a beautiful facility on campus alongside a dedicated and supportive team!
If you’re a match for this exceptional opportunity, please apply to the opening OR email your resume directly to Carmen Sapara, Managing Consultant, Talent Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org