Ignatius Press is an apostolate, a ministry of Guadalupe Associates, a church-based group of people who use their talents for the greater glory of God. Guadalupe Associates/Ignatius Press’s mission is to collaborate in the evangelizing, catechetical, liturgical, and educational work of the Catholic Church, through the publication and distribution of Catholic print, video, and audio materials, especially books and films, as well as through the internet and social media.
Ignatius Press is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to support their fundraising goals.
This role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of donors and prospects, developing and implementing strategies to engage and cultivate donors, and soliciting gifts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prioritize and manage the fundraising program
- Cultivate strong relationships with all donors for major gifts, recurring gifts and other solicitation through in person visits and meetings. Will close mid-level, major and principal sized gifts
- Will be responsible for newsletter updates and any marketing initiatives
- Develop and implement retention, acquisition, and stewardship plans and programs
- Track, report, and research individual and corporate giving trends
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1 to 2 yrs. fundraising development experience, major donor knowledge preferred
- A true extrovert with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Practicing Roman Catholic who is aligned with this mission. An intellectually curious person who finds intrinsic value in the works of great writers and theologians such as Joseph Ratzinger / His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, Henri de Lubac and Hans Urs von Balthasar, Chesterton, etc.
- Able to travel across the US approximately 20 to 30% to meet with major donors
- Humble: Able to pivot easily and wear a few hats—no task is too great or small!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Be part of a supportive family-like culture and serve alongside dedicated individuals including the visionary founder of Ignatius Press, Fr Joseph Fessio, SJ
- Through your philanthropic efforts and successful cultivation of a donor network, you will ensure Ignatius Press continues its invaluable mission well into the future!
- You will be fully supported by American Philanthropic’s team who will be working alongside of you through the campaign