Director of Development
Partner: Human Rights Foundation
Location: New York Preferred / Remote considered
“We believe that when we rise, tyranny falls.” – Human Rights Foundation
Partnering with world-changing activists in creating innovative solutions to unite the world against tyranny, Human Rights Foundation is inspiring people across the globe through their bold and impactful initiatives.
Do you have the skills, ideals and background to join a global team which is passionate about promoting freedom and human rights?
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Participation in world class events such as the yearly Oslo Freedom forum in Norway
- Aligning your libertarian values (small government / free markets / freedom of speech / conservative social and economic ideals) with an org that lives and breathes those ideals every single day!
- An innovative org that promotes programs Including Flash Drives for Freedom which publicizes human rights violators and supports dissidents and human rights’ defenders
- Collaboration and sharing of your creative fundraising ideas with the Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Talent Officer
- Using your leadership skills to help develop a team of committed fundraisers!
- Finally! A development role with limited travel!
- Fully covered medical, dental and vision plans, generous PTO, retirement, life insurance, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Will manage and oversee development strategy by setting annual fundraising goals. Will devise campaigns, create systems for donation data, and implement best practices for team
- Will ensure that relationships with donors are cultivated and maintained (individual, foundations, corporations) and manage stewardship with the goals of retention, higher giving tiers and overall increased giving
- Plan and help execute outreach strategies: (through communication, event invitations, calls, in person visits).
- Oversee grant proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Manage internal reporting to assess development progress toward fundraising goals and campaign effectiveness
- Help organize special events for donors and key supporters
- Oversee donation and donor data management via CRM
- Will interact with other teams such as communications, finance, as well as provide quarterly reports to C-level team
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (SKILLS, IDEALS, CULTURE FIT)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in development (fundraising) for a libertarian org
- Must be in support of small government, freedom of speech, free markets, and conservative social and economic values
- Team Leadership experience—have managed and coached a team of fundraisers
- Donor CRM database knowledge
Please note: while the preference for this role is on-site in the NYC office, leadership will consider a remote employee who travels to NYC for 3 to 5 days a month to spend time with the team