comprehensive introduction to major gifts fundraising
AmPhil’s intensive major gifts fundraising training seminar is designed for development professionals as well as other nonprofit leaders looking to learn and brush up on major gifts fundraising practices. This in-person training covers a range of topics, giving participants a general overview of the foundational principles and essential practices needed for securing major gifts. Our seminar includes sessions on goal setting, finding major donors, securing visits, planned giving basics, and so much more. After the group training sessions, participants receive a one-on-one coaching session with an AmPhil consultant.
Join us in beautiful Denver, Colorado, at the Crawford Hotel in the ‘Urban Neighborhoods’ room.
In an intimate small-group setting, AmPhil’s seasoned consultants will teach you how to set major giving goals, find new donors, schedule visits, optimally manage your donor portfolio, and more. You’ll schedule an hour-long one-on-one coaching session with one of the session leaders to discuss your particular fundraising challenges and questions to identify ways to help your nonprofit succeed. In addition to the group training sessions and personalized advising, you’ll have the opportunity to meet peers also striving to be great fundraisers, share wonderful meals together, and enjoy sunny Colorado!
Participants come away from the training with a solid understanding of:
- How to set major gifts goals and the KPIs that help you achieve success
- How to find and steward donors
- How to secure visits, craft proposals, and make your pitch
- The basics of planned giving vehicles
- Moves Management and how you can develop a system to keep your donors engaged
Participants also receive a course manual with additional information and tools to reference again and again after the training sharing these strategies and tactics to the entire development team.
REGISTRATION – Register now to secure your seat
The number of training participants is limited to 25 and spots can fill up quickly. The cost of $1,795 includes all costs for the training sessions, one-on-one coaching, all meals noted in the agenda, fun-networking-group event, and take-home resource materials you will find yourself turning to again and again. To register and save your spot, click on the link below. Group discounts are available if your organization wishes to send two or more attendees. Please contact Jon Hannah for more details on group rates.
If you need assistance securing accommodations, please contact Caitlin Nocera.
- Monday, July 10th – Crawford Hotel, Webb Gallery
- 6:30pm-8:00pm Reception
- Tuesday July 11th – Crawford Hotel, Urban Neighborhoods Room
- 8:00am | Breakfast
- 8:30am-10am | Session 1: Quest for Belonging
- 10:00am-10:05am | Break
- 10:05 am-11:05am | Session 2: Finding Major Gift Donors
- 11:05am-11:15am | Break
- 11:15am-12:15pm | Session 3: The Visits & Making the Ask
- 12:15 pm-1:15 pm | Lunch: Mike Perkins Interview
- 1:15 pm-2:15 pm | Session 4: Planned Giving Basics
- 2:15pm-2:30pm | Break
- 2:30pm-2:50pm | Major Gifts Workshop Session
- 2:55pm-3:55pm | Session 5: Moves Management & Practicum
- 3:55pm-4:25pm | Q&A
- 6:00pm-8:00pm | Dinner: TBD (Get your taste buds ready!)
- 8:00pm-10:00pm | Fun Activity: TBD (We are going to have a great time!)
- Wednesday July 12th – Crawford Hotel, Urban Neighborhoods Room
- 8:00am–8:30am | Breakfast
- 8:30am-9:30am | Pro Tips: Determining the Ask Amount
- How to Use Supporting Materials for you and your organization.
- How to Follow Up after an Ask.
- 9:40am-12:40pm | Exclusive 1:1s ask any question to our experienced experts.
- 12:45pm – SAFE TRAVELS HOME AND THANKS FOR JOINING US!
MAJOR GIFTS ACCELERATION IN