Founded in 1875 by St. Arnold Janssen, the Society of the Divine Word (SVD) is the largest Roman Catholic order that focuses on missionary work. Divine Word Missionaries, based in Techny, Illinois, is the international missionary arm of Society of the Divine Word. Today, Divine Word Missionaries come from all over the world, working together to help the most disadvantaged of God’s children in 79 countries across five continents. By choosing this religious vocation, they continue St. Arnold’s belief that, “…to proclaim the Good News is the first and greatest act of love of neighbor.”
The Director of Development will join the Mission Center Management Team to lead strategy and implementation for a comprehensive fundraising program.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- A workplace with a family environment and long tenured teammates who are dedicated to carrying out the Church’s mission of spreading the Gospel!
- An exciting opportunity build a new major gifts program, including a portfolio of donors newly created by CCS consultants!
- An environment where your creativity is appreciated and encouraged!
- Medical benefits are 100% covered for employees!
- Generous org-based contribution to retirement plan!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Director of Development will:
- Create, build, and implement major and planned giving programs. Continue to identify, research, and evaluate prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors to build prospect pipeline.
- Conduct in-person cultivation, briefing and solicitation meetings, independently and in partnership with the National Mission Director and the Planned Giving/Major Gifts Department to secure funding at $100,000+ gift levels.
- Recruit and coordinate activity for a donor network committed to fundraising for Divine Word Missionaries.
- Manage and coordinate a cultivation and stewardship.
- Oversee and coordinate, with the appropriate managers, the day-to-day operations/management of Mission Center fundraising programs.
- Serve as the liaison to the National Mission Director for all fundraising activities, reporting on fundraising status for current programs as well as encouraging the identification and support of emerging priorities. Assist Mission Director with year-end Board Meeting report to the Mission Center Board of Directors and to the Generalate in Rome.
- Work to continually refine strategy, protocol, and procedures related to the fundraising program. Communicate priorities internally to staff.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE (SKILLS / BACKGROUND / PASSION):
- Active and practicing Catholic with a passion for the mission of the DWM
- 5+ years of progressive fundraising experience
- Successful track record of soliciting and closing individual, corporate and/or foundation gifts at the $10,000+ gift level
- Experience in building and managing a portfolio of individual, corporate and/or foundation donors
- Familiar with fundraising office administration (best-practice, protocol, procedures, and record/data management)
- Willingness to travel regionally up to 50%
American Philanthropic’s Talent Solutions’ Team is honored to provide talent searches for top client organizations such as the Divine Word Missionaries. We are entrusted to be the first step in their interviewing & hiring process.
If you’re a match for this exceptional opportunity, please apply to the opening OR email your resume directly to Sean Donnelly, Talent Solutions Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are taking place now!