Development Officer (Manager of Strategic Partnerships)
Partner: State Policy Network
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network supports the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial Network of state-based think tanks and partners, working side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing independent think tanks.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Annual Staff Retreats (with fun events) for all employees to spend time with each other!
- Leadership which invests in individualized professional development for each employee! Resources for continuous coaching and training in areas you want to cultivate: CFRE, etc.
- Generous welcome box for each new employee with lots of swag!
- Attendance at annual meetings and premier conferences that are world class events! A chance to meet with 1500 other freedom fighters from across the US!
- Generous PTO and an excellent benefit plan!
- A rapidly growing org that will more than double their $22 million fundraising goals by bringing on top talent—YOU!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a major gifts portfolio: Responsible for developing and managing a moves management strategy for a portfolio of 100+/- donors and prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $25K+. Territory may be nationwide.
- Increase SPN’s fundraising capacity through the successful qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals having the capacity to make gifts of $25K and above.
- Work to creatively match donor interests with institutional priorities.
- Develop funding proposals and structure complex gifts, including planned gifts.
- Prepare briefings, stewardship plans/letters and other correspondence for prospects, collaborating with staff as needed.
- Motivate and support leadership and volunteers to solicit gifts when appropriate.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of SPN’s funding priorities.
WHAT YOU NEED (Passion / Skills / Background):
- A passion for the pro-liberty l freedom movement!
- 5+ years of fundraising experience in a donor-facing role while managing a portfolio of individual donors.
- Open to 50% travel across the US. Must also possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact.
- A team player that can work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with complex giving vehicles, planned gifts, and estate planning a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (advanced Excel knowledge or experience with Salesforce a plus)