Senior Director of Development & Outreach
Partner: Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City began in 1912 with the founding of St. Joseph’s Orphanage. In the following years, other institutions were opened to serve children, families and other people in need, and Catholic Charities expanded its services to include adoption, foster care and pregnancy counseling. Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City is part of a nationwide network of Catholic Charities USA.
The Senior Director of Development & Outreach will report to the Executive Director of CCAOKC. Your primary functions will include the planning and execution of fundraising strategies and supporting marketing, public relations, parish engagement, and volunteer coordination activities.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- A joyful work environment with long tenured teammates who are excited to carry out the Church’s mission of service!
- An exciting opportunity to take the development team and mission to the next level!
- Leading a strong well-oiled fundraising machine which historically has surpassed every fundraising goal— including an annual appeal (one of the best and most successful in the US) of over $2M and a current $5M capital campaign that’s about to hit its goal prior to public announcement!
- Being in the national spotlight as the team that is hosting the Catholic Charities USA gathering in 2024!
- The potential for promotion to Executive Director in the future!
- Medical benefits are free for employees!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Senior Director of Development & Outreach will:
- Develop fundraising performance targets together with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Work with the Executive Director and senior staff to identify funding priorities and integrate development activities into the agency’s operations
- Manage and lead staff for the following departments: Annual Giving, Communications, Parish Engagement, Grants and Donor Administration, and Special Events
- Create long-range and short-term strategic plans for fundraising activities (individual, corporate, foundation, etc.)
- Plan and oversee special fundraising campaigns, including capital campaigns and endowment campaigns
- Oversee the Development and Outreach budgets
- Foster an effective Development & Outreach Committee with the Board of Directors through personal and staff support
- Represent the agency at community events and functions, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Ensure compliance with United Way’s fundraising policies, procedures, and requests for agency tours and speaking engagements
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE (SKILLS / BACKGROUND / PASSION):
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required
- Active and practicing Catholic with a passion for the mission and services of CCAOKC
- 5+ years of progressive fundraising and strong team leadership experience
- Preference will go to candidates who have a history of successfully soliciting major gifts
- Event management experience
- Proficient computer software experience, including donor CRMs, wealth screening platforms, MS Excel, etc.
American Philanthropic’s Talent Solutions’ Team is honored to provide talent searches for top client organizations such as Catholic Charities. We are entrusted to be the first step in their interviewing & hiring process.
If you’re a match for this exceptional opportunity, please apply to the opening OR email your resume directly to Sean Donnelly, Talent Solutions Consultant: email@example.com
Interviews are taking place now!