Who We Are
AmPhil is a leading provider of integrated professional services with a mission to strengthen civil society by helping mission-driven enterprises flourish. Since 2009, AmPhil has served over 750 nonprofits, philanthropists, charitable foundations, and other missional initiatives, helping them succeed and grow through practical guidance, strategic analysis, and a full suite of professional services.
As a firm, we value true partnership with our clients and our colleagues; encourage large-heartedness and conviviality; honor the virtues and traditions that have made American society prosperous and free; and employ practical wisdom and deep thinking. Learn more about AmPhil and our philosophy here.
What You’ll Do
As part of AmPhil’s Operations Division, an Administrative Assistant at AmPhil is responsible for providing high-level administrative support. The Administrative Assistant must be able to communicate with professionalism and efficiency, complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner, effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and exercise judgment and discretion in the course of his or her work. This position is based out of AmPhil’s Phoenix office, and in-office presence three to four days a week would be required.
Primary activities and responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments and maintaining calendars for assigned executive(s) as needed;
- Arranging travel, including full travel itineraries (i.e. airline, lodging, dining, ground transportation);
- Organizing and submitting expense reports for assigned executive(s);
- Completing copying, printing, filing, and mailing projects;
- Providing project management as needed for projects;
- Assisting with proofreading and copy editing;
- Assisting with the organization and provisioning of the Phoenix office, including purchasing snacks, beverages, and office supplies;
- Assisting with proofreading and copy editing;
- Coordinating information flow and interoffice communication, record-keeping, etc.;
- Managing inventory of company swag and other materials and assisting with distribution;
- Independently composing presentations and correspondence as requested;
- Assisting with task management and organization as requested;
- Taking meeting notes as requested;
- Support execution of company events as requested;
- Undertaking special research projects as requested; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced: The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of professional experience, ideally in an assistant-type role. Familiarity with the nonprofit landscape is strongly preferred. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a high level of professionalism in interacting with colleagues and external parties, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality are required.
- Principled: We look for colleagues who are excited about our mission to strengthen civil society; understand and honor the Western tradition; value truth, faith, and self-governance; and understand that humans need virtue to flourish in community.
- Bright: We want to work with people who are intelligent, logical, self-directed, and curious; able to create order from ambiguity and translate theory and strategy into practical action.
- Convivial: We put a premium on humor and good cheer and seek unpretentious, genuine, generous people who are fun to be around.
- Forthright: We value clear, intelligent, engaging communicators who balance warmth and candor as they earn respect and build honest and trusting relationships.
- Diligent: We search for conscientious colleagues who possess the prudence and discipline to work hard, strive for excellence, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and go above and beyond when necessary to help our clients, partners, and firm succeed and grow.
What You’ll Love About AmPhil
Mission: Everything we do is guided by our mission to strengthen civil society and we’re passionate about building strong partnerships with clients engaged in work that supports strong families, virtuous citizens, vibrant communities, durable institutions, and a flourishing nation. Our employees have the opportunity to work in a company that’s in the trenches with its clients in the service of their incredible missions, helping them refine and grow their work and achieve more.
Culture: We genuinely respect, trust, and enjoy working with our colleagues—and it shows. On any given day, you might find us engaged in healthy debate about the principles of a healthy democracy over happy hour, swapping book recommendations, or challenging one another to a salsa-making competition. We strive to model the “art of association” through our culture of vibrant communitarianism and prioritize courtesy, clarity, warmth, and humor in our interactions and decisions. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Growth: Our employees are given a high degree of ownership over their work and have significant freedom to execute responsibilities in line with their interests and talents. They have the opportunity to learn continually, stand out quickly, do work they’re proud of, and earn the respect and appreciation of their clients and colleagues. It’s hard work and sometimes chaotic, but exciting and rewarding.
Flexibility: We are a hybrid remote/in-person company and have been from the start. Many employees are fully or partially remote and enjoy significant schedule flexibility. We also understand our staff have lives outside of work. We work hard and expect our colleagues to do the same, but we recognize that while a strong work ethic is supremely important, so also is maintaining a healthy life that does justice to other goods, including those of family, faith, and community.