Located in the heart of our nation’s capital, ACI was founded by the eminent neurosurgeon, author and politician Dr Ben Carson to champion the cornerstones of faith, liberty, community and life. Dr Carson and his team are dedicated to promoting conservative solutions to address the issues facing our nation today.
“One way to develop courage is to consider what will happen if we fail to act.” -Dr Ben Carson
Are you ready to act today and be part of Dr Carson’s extraordinary team?
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- In collaboration with the wonderful CDO, you’ll build innovative fundraising programs that will benefit and transform lives of everyday Americans
- Your creative ideas will be hard and implemented
- You will be recognized when you go above and beyond
- Receive special perks on your birthday!
- Opportunities to be promoted based on your performance and org growth
- Cultivation of donors on a deeply personal level—bringing ACI’s timely message into the field, promoting the cornerstones of faith, liberty, community and life!
- Your work will Impact policy makers and critical public policies in areas such as education
- Serving with a team that is in the field more than any other org—ACI was built as a CAN-DO think tank which is actively engaged at the grassroots level
- Spending time with Dr Carson and the team in the DC office at regular intervals –getting to know ACI’s prominent founder and distinguished colleagues
- Full health benefits, retirement plan, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Will manage a portfolio of major gift donors and high wealth prospects who have the capacity to make multi-year commitments. Up to 70% travel Travel is across the US.
- Will serve as primary support for individual prospects, developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies. This includes building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects. Will conduct personal visits with major donors and prospects.
- Will identify, cultivate and steward Donors/Prospects: Identifying major gift prospects and developing compelling engagement strategies to solicit and close gifts.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, will identify, develop, and cultivate a significant prospects pipeline as part of the organization’s evolving fundraising strategy.
- Will travel extensively for the purpose of prospect and donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Report and Database Management: Will [prepare written proposals, gift agreements, funder pitches, and other materials needed to define, secure and document major gifts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (SKILLS, PASSION, CULTURE FIT)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in major gifts fundraising, with demonstrated success in nonprofit organizations. (Preference will be given to candidates with a documented record of successfully closing gifts).
- Mission fit: personally committed to conservative American ideals and the vision which Dr Ben Carson and ACI are advancing (faith, liberty, community and life)
- Able to travel 50 to 70% across the US
- Culture fit: A true self-starter with a lot of initiative and energy! You don’t need your hand held—you have the fortitude and self-direction to get things done! The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, do-it-yourself, start-up environment and calmly switch gears when priorities/objectives change—no big egos here!
- Commitment to representing ACI with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- PLUS: Familiarity with a customer relationship management (CRM) systems and procedures