Alliance University is a private, Christian university located in the heart of Lower Manhattan. Known for its robust academic programs, diverse student body, world-renowned location, and commitment to global service, AU is an exciting place to learn and grow. Since 1882, AU has been committed to providing students with a solid biblical foundation, preparing them to lead and serve in local and global communities.
1,063 undergraduate students; 881 graduate students plus 2 seminaries (500 students)
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
Work with a President and staff that are empathetic, fully supportive, and prayerful! (This is a calling, not just a job!)
Build your team of expert fundraisers who will follow your stellar performance as a leader in this field!
Bring your bold vision and strategic thinking to achieve fundraising goals of $10 million in a year, $50 million in 5 years and $100 million in 10 years!
A talented team to support you! Collaboration with the team at AmPhil, a top fundraising consultancy, who will work with you every step of the way in achieving your goals!
Serve alongside long tenured and non-tenured staff (non-union) who are fully dedicated to the mission of AU!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide strategic, operational, and administrative leadership to advance the mission of the University through the attainment of advancement (development/fundraising) goals and metrics.
- Design, lead, and execute a comprehensive institutional advancement plan for the University that generates contributed income from alumni, families, foundations, corporations and other individuals and organizations and tangibly and meaningfully engages important constituents, influencers, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate and steward positive and sustaining relationships with prospects and donors, alumni and friends, community business and social leaders and others through effective fundraising and through constituent relations activities generating tangible benefit for the University, its students, and the community.
- Manage a portfolio of high-capacity donors or donor prospects toward the successful realization of fundraising goals with these prospects.
- Regularly counsel the President on the donor portfolio toward strategies that lead to the effective cultivation of these investors.
- Benchmark performance of peer and aspirational institutions, seeking to achieve industry best practices in key performance indicators.
- Partner with deans and other academic leaders to understand the full scope of university fundraising needs and establish effective fundraising strategies.
- The Vice President is responsible for overseeing all strategic and tactical elements of the campaign. The Vice President will partner with the Campaign Director to develop short-term and long-range campaign strategies within advancement, and across other campus constituencies.
- Establish goals and objectives for campaign volunteer and staff structures, linking these goals with overall advancement goals and fiscal year planning. Goals and objectives can be linked to tools, budget, strategy, and metrics.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE (Skills / background / Passion)
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred. Additional fundraising certifications desirable
- A preferred minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a senior level fundraiser in non-profit development with a successful record accomplishment in direct solicitation, prospect management, annual giving, major and planned giving management, alumni/parent relations (if the candidate has been in higher education) and leading capital campaigns.
- Senior level fundraising experience in higher education, in particularly Christian higher education, is strongly preferred. Must have a history of achieving fundraising goals of $25 million!
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position, including university gift acceptance policies that align with CASE guidelines and reporting standards.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with a designated portfolio of donors and a proven track record of reaching or exceeding fundraising goals with these donors.
- Experience in leading multi-channel fundraising campaigns, including participation or leadership in organizing successful events and digital engagement.
- Experience building and leading a highly capable team, capitalizing upon its members’ strengths and developing the strategies to maximize their time to advance the organization’s mission through generous financial support.
- Ability to assess and modify the division’s budget annually to provide sufficient resources for division operations aligned with goals and objectives.